by Bill Reinhart
The importance of team chemistry can never go overlooked. Having a rock star group of employees is great, but without the ability to come together as an elite team, you’re nothing but an assembly of individuals set out for your own pursuits. That is why it’s important to be committed to the growth and development of your teams as well as your players.
• Enables better communication
• Cultivates problem solving skills
• Boost moral of employees
• Creates trust
• Heightens creativity
A company must stay ahead, and to do that; you are constantly investing back into the people that make your success possible.
The old cliché, “a chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link,” may be one of the oldest in business, but never more prevalent in today’s technology age. All of your employees must be a union of learning. If you’re not all educating yourselves together, as a group you’re falling behind.
One way to increase retention in a team environment is to make sure the group is comfortable with each other. They must be able to trust, be vulnerable, and rely on every member of the group to truly hold each other accountable for getting better.
You can build trust by:
• Group activities
• Team lunches
• Company events
• Team building exercises
During your next meeting- or “huddle”, here’s some great team building quotes to inspire your team!
- “Individually we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro Tweet it!
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth Tweet it!
- “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” – Robert Orben Tweet it!
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” – Helen Keller Tweet it!
- “Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they’re doing it because they care about the team.” – Patrick Lencioni Tweet it!
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” – Michael Jordan Tweet it!
- “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” Margaret Carty Tweet it!
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard Tweet it!
- “Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi Tweet it!
- “It takes two flints to make a fire.” – Louisa May Alcott Tweet it!
When you have a cohesive team, you enable group learning. Remember, “Teamwork makes the Dreamwork!”