by Amy Hoglund
The holiday season has arrived and it’s the most wonderful time of the year for businesses to bring in sales and new customers. To understand the mindset of the holiday shopper, here’s a list of helpful and interesting statistics. You’ll see the growing importance of search, social media, and mobile in holiday shopping.
13 Must Know Marketing Stats for the Holiday Season
- 78% used the Internet for holiday research last year. 29% relied on friends, relatives, or colleagues [Source] – Tweet this!
- $1 trillion of all retail sales were influenced by shopping-related mobile searches [Source] – Tweet this!
- 84% percent of shoppers use digital tools before and during their trips to a store. Those shoppers convert at a 40% higher rate than those who do not use such devices during their shopping journeys [Source] – Tweet This!
- December 21 and December 23 are the next two biggest shopping days after Black Friday [Source] – Tweet this!
- 75% of smartphone shoppers plan to use their phones in-store this holiday season [Source] – Tweet this!
- 74% of retailers said 20% or more of their annual sales come during the holiday season [Source] – Tweet this!
- People who celebrate the holidays will spend an average of $804.42, up nearly 5% over last year’s $767.27 [Source] – Tweet this!
- 59% of consumers say an exclusive discount (only for members of a social media network) would influence them to complete a purchase on a social network site this holiday season [Source] – Tweet this!
- 69% of consumers are using their mobile phones in store to research products and find last minute ideas [Source] – Tweet this!
- 1 in 3 consumers use their smartphones to find information they need rather than asking an employee [Source] – Tweet this!
It’s undeniable that digital has become a strong factor in holiday shopping decisions. If you need assistance getting your online presence ready for the holiday rush, let’s get started today!